14/03/2012 Martin Mere WWT

Goldcrest: A single individual was feeding in the trees at the back of the Janet Kear Hide mid afternoon. One my way home I spotted a Waterail but it got chased of by a Morehen before I could capture a photograph.










The usual suspects where spotted along with Reed Bunting.

Hard bird to photograph as it was constantly
moving and feeding in a mix a shrubs and trees which my camera focus struggled with.





Mallard: In and around the Swan Link Hide included (as the report goes) 700+ Teal, 420 Wigeon, 375 Shelduck, 43 Tufted Duck, 10 Shoveler, 1000 Whooper Swan and 1500+ Pink-feet.
Avocet: There where reports of over 100 Avocet on the reserve I Didn't Try and count them but there where loads.

Ruff, Ringed Plover, Oystercather and Black Tailed Godwitts  where also present at the Ron Barker Hide.