06/06/2012 The Great Orme

Common Spotted Orchid: I began my walk up the toll road towards Pen-trwyn where I saw two huge Ravens stealing Fulmar eggs of the cliff face and getting mobbed by a single kestrel and a horde of Jackdaws.



It was here I saw my first Orchid the purple pyramidal Orchid, It was out of reach of both myself and my 300mm lens so I could only manage a record shot.









I continued around the roads up to the visitor centre, where I then came upon my second Orchid of the day the stunning Common Spotted Orchid. There were four in total but only two within reach.


They were right alongside the road, as I was taking pics I pointed them out to passersby as the Orme was particularly busy.





Pyramidal Orchid: Too far over the cliff edge to get a good shot.



The birds to note where Fulmars, Ravens, Stone Chat, Black Guillemots, Guillemots and Razor Bills.