14/06/2012 Leighton Moss RSPB

Bullfinch: I love Leighton Moss as its full of cracking birds, I went to see the Spoonbill and was treated to great views of a hunting male Marsh Harrier.

Half an hour spent at the feeding station was very productive as this Stunning male Bullfinch turned up to feed.




Along with the male there was also one female Bullfinch seen, she is the paler bird on the left and was a right fatty, constantly stuffing her beak.


 

Chaffinch: The most common finch in the UK and by far the most active on the feeders I counted at least nine individuals many where juveniles. Other regualr birds to note at the feeders where Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Graet Tit, Willow Tit, Chaffinch and Greenfinch.





Spoobill: This was the reason why I went up to Leighton Moss, this Spoonbill has been hanging around the Eric Morecambe Hide for a few days now, and I was made up to see it.

Although my lens could only manage a record shot, the picture still shows off its general size and spoon shaped bill.