22/03/2012 The Great Orme

Lapland Bunting: Today I went bunting hunting up on the Great Orme. I started along Marine Drive there where loads of the regular gulls and a few stone chat with a few grey seal bobbing around the rocks like corks. My aims was to head over the visitor centre and then make my way around the lime stone paths, it was here I bumped in to two nice birders from who were on the same hunt.

They advised me the Lapland bunting where last seen yesterday on the lime stone paths so I made a beeline for that part of the Orme.


Snow Bunting: I was aimlessly wondering around when I was lucky enough to again bump in to theses two birders who were with a gaggle of other birders, they told me the bunting just flew in my direction, but is missed them. We then turned to see both Lapland bunting forging amongst some rocks at our feet, brilliant.
Stonechat: (male) After filling our SD cards with pictures we then turned to see a snow bunting on the path behind us, what a super bird. After taking my fill of pictures I said good bye and headed home spotting a couple of raven and a peregrine.