27/04/2014 Eccleston Mere

Black Tern: After getting some pretty poor shots of Leighton Moss's Black Tern I was pleased to see through BirdGuides that one had made an appearance down the road from home.
After a short detour back from Leighton Moss I arrived at Eccleston to find it showing incredibly close as it swooped above the water and banked against the wind.
Even though this bird was much more closer than the one at Leighton Moss I still struggled to get a decent shot. I have now put this down to the Black Tern being one of the most difficult birds to photograph!!
The bloody little bird was far too fast for me, my auto focus was throwing a wobble as it evaded my attempts to get it in focus. I decided to use manual focus which seemed to work a bit better.
It was great to catch up with some Eccleston Mere regulars, Dot, Paul Brady, Billinge's Damion and Damion Young.

And what a bird, simply stunning it put a little smile back on my face after the Liverpool defeat.