16/03/2015 North Wales

Mediterranean Gull: First stop was Cemlyn Bay for the Lapland Bunting which has been knocking about there for a few days.

But after a long search, accompanied by some other local birders and no sign of the bird I turned my attention to the resident Med Gulls.
There was one pair in their summer plumage giving me a good show over the main pool.

Other birds of note included a single Whimbrel and a large flock of Golden Plover on the shore line and a Peregrine perched on the fence over the fields.
Iceland Gull: From Anglesey I headed home but I couldn't resist another visit to Abergele for the simply superb Iceland Gull.


And once again I wasn't disappointed as the bird was happy loafing around the small pools on the car park.

It was great to bump in to Alan and Ruth who were kind enough to show me a large flock of Scoter though their scope.


In return I gave Ruth a laugh as she snapped a few images of me laying on the ground getting some low angled shots of the gull.