11/05/2016 Titchfield Haven National Nature Reserve, Hampshire

Caspian Stonechat: Pretty much as soon as I came back from working away in Scotland I took a new contract working in London.
It is a huge contrast working in London then Scotland, first of all there London traffic is awful and the scenery is as you would guess, not as pretty.  
But there was one decent perk, the twitching opportunities to see rare birds has improved.
A very dedicated young birder and respected patcher, Amy Jobjohns found this bird.
And once the news broke and I finished my morning survey I drove down and spent the day at the very lovely Titchfield Haven.
The bird showed incredibly well and looked very distinct with this very dark, black plumage and white rump. It almost looked pied fly in flight, cracking bird.