14/05/2017 The Great Orme, Conwy

Chough: Today I woke up with news flashing on my BirdGuides app of two good local-ish birds the first was a Shore Lark on Hilbre found by Steve Williams of the Hilbre ringing group.

The second was a female Subalpine Warbler on the Great Orme found by Marc Hughes‏.
Having another free pass from Dawn I decided to spend the best part of the day on the Orme, which was beautiful in the summer sun, if a little windy on top.

We arrived to find a couple of local birders scouring the bushes along the wall near the limestone pavement including Steve Burke.
After chatting with these guys I soon realised that the bird was going to be typically illusive, and helped search the bushes for sometime before heading off. The bird wasn’t seen after I left and these guys had been searching all morning too.
I think the bird was seen twice early on and Steve Burke got some images of two different Sylvia one of which did look interesting, the other looked like a Common Whitethroat.

I did however get a bonus prize on the way off the Orme as I had this Chough feeding just off the limestone pavement - I’ve seen many Chough in my time but never one so close.